THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
The Development of a Data Processing, Archiving and Distribution Sub-system for the Ground Receiving Station of the Philippine Scientific Earth Observation Microsatellite (PHL-Microsat: DPAD) is a DOST funded R&D project implemented by UP TCAGP. It is part of the PHL-Microsat Program which aims to develop and utilize the Philippine’s first microsatellite. The project has immediate openings for:
One (1) Research Associate
Contract Start Date: 1-Jul-2016
The Research Associate is expected to:
- Assist in the evaluation of appropriate processes, work flows, and systems for Data Processing, Archiving and Distribution of satellite images.
- Assist in the development of Data Processing, Archiving and Distribution Sub-system
- Assist in the documentation of all development and evaluation work.
- Administer and manage Data Processing, Archiving and Distribution system to be developed.
- Communicate with partner institutions and assist in the retrieval of documents related to the project;
- Bachelor’s degree in Geodetic Engineering, Geography, Computer Science, and other relevant fields (Science or Engineering)
- Minimum 2 (two) years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to write technical documentation
- Excellent organization and communication skills in English
- Detail-oriented, trustworthy, reliable team player and can work under pressure
Bonus points for experience with the following:
Interested applicants may submit their CVs to: email@example.com